The Bass TightFuzz is a flexible fuzz, from great germanium clean tones to heavy silicon fuzz, and has a Dry Low blend.While most vintage fuzz boxes have very few controls, the Bass TightFuzz includes a Tone control to tame the fuzzy edges and the Tight control, a mainstay of Amptweaker pedals, which varies the pick attack from smooth and thick to tight and aggressive. This is particularly helpful for tweaking a fuzz tone, since many tend to be too flubby on the lowend…..and with the added Dry Low knob, you can tighten up the Fuzz and still blend back in some deep lows. While many modern fuzz boxes have chosen to create wacky over-the-top fuzztone, the Amptweaker approach is to make something that has a lot of flexibile but usable tones.
The Germanium/Silicon switch, which changes the output stage from a softer, lower gain Germanium to a heavier, high gain Silicon transistor. This cool pedal also has the ability to get lower gain tones easily, with an Auto Bias that adjusts appropriately with the Fuzz control, to get the cleanest and nastiest distortions possible with one control. It also has an Edge switch with a Smooth setting to further knock the edge off, and a 60’s/70’s switch that transforms the pedal from tighter, lower gain 60’s tones to fatter and heavier 70’s tones.
Standard Amptweaker features include an effects loop with Pre/Post switch to add delay or combine other distortion and EQs to further tweak your fuzztone. Other features include the LED illumination of controls, Battery On/Off switch, and magnetic battery access door.
- True Bypass switch
- Fuzz control automatically adjusts bias – more range
- Master Volume Control
- Dry Low knob adds dry lowend to blend with distortion
- Tight and Tone help tame the fuzz
- Germanium/Silicon transistor switch for different gain and tone
- 60’s/70’s Tone switch
- Edge switch smooths out the high frequency range
- EFX Loop with Pre/Post switch..tracks On/Off Ftsw
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Works with a 9V battery or 9-18VDC supply
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- BATTERIES/SUPPLY NOT INCLUDED
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- Dimensions 3.7″W X 5″D X 2″H
- Handmade in the USA